consent

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rainy Day!


(courtesy: picasa web album)


I love the rain! just make me so happy... there is some relation with me and rain! but i don't know what is it?...
I loved our monsoon in kerala! ( kerala never gets too cold in the winter months, while the summers do not have the harshness)...rain is beautiful!
My baby girl want to run around in this rain....maybe she got those genes? :)
we will be going for a walk soon...otherwise she will not take a nap all day!
I had a good talk with my mom and sister this morning...but Serene want to talk in between as always...she loves phone! She will get the phone and sing all the songs she know...

here a bit of info about stroke....from
Dr. Seetharama Rao K.P., Netherlands.
STROKE IDENTIFICATION:
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE


Remember the "3" steps,
STR ... Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S
* Ask the individual to SMILE .
T
* = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg "It is sunny out today" ).
R
* Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

NOTE : Another 'sign' of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.


11 comments:

Shara said...

Hello bindi,
We have something else in common. I love the rain too. In Louisiana, it rains very often and of course there's the hurricane season. All in all, most cajuns love the movement and smell of rain...it cleans everything, a fresh start maybe that's what we like about rain.
Love, Shara

bindhiya said...

Dear Shara,
yes, it is a fresh start...am so happy to hear am not the only one admire rain.
i think rain have a musical rhythm too...
wish you great weekend.

bindi

CSI Seattle said...

Hi Bindi,

If you love the rain, then you would be the happiest person on the planet if you visited Seattle. We have rain, practically every day it seems.

Akelamalu said...

I don't mind rain at all but I hate snow! I love the smell of the garden after the rain.

I have heard about the importance of recognising the symptoms of a stroke before from a doctor friend - very important to a persons recovery.

bindhiya said...

Hi Brian,
I heard about Seattle and rain!
I would love to be living there...but will wait till liberation :)

bindi

bindhiya said...

Hi Akelamalu,
Thanks for stopping by...
I do love snow too! we don't have snow in kerala, the first time i saw snow in NY, I just loved it, walking around when it snowing...just beautiful!
but now i have to sit in home when it is raining or snowing cause of my baby..

My grandma next door died of stroke...so i thought it is important to put here..maybe everyone know already..

bindi

Kookaburra said...

Hi Bindi,
Can you bottle some of that rain and send it to me??
Thanks for the info on how to recognise a stroke.

Love to you all and a hug for Serene, Cheers,
Mark.

Barb said...

That's good information about the signs of a stroke.

I love the rain and my kids did too. While others would be hiding in their houses, we would be out jumping in puddles.

bindhiya said...

Dear Mark,
I know you are waiting for the rain...sure the next time I will send some via UPS :) :)

bindi

bindhiya said...

Skittles,
Nice to hear you love the rain...

bindi

krystyna said...

Hi Bindi!
I love the rain too, it brings more freshness and clean the earth.
Thanks for these great inform about stroke.Good to know.

Hugsss and love!