consent

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's day!

What a beautiful day! Weather is in the 50's right now..we did a good walk after a looong time. It was so good to breathe the fresh air, see the birds, squirrels and sun. We walk 15 blocks... My baby girl was so happy too..
My friend send a package for Serene...lot of clothes, jackets and toys...that was a surprise gift..
She is one of the best friend I have....anytime I can count on her....am thankful to God for that Angel in my life!!!..

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends and family.



********************************************************************************
Here am going to share a bit of info.. maybe every one know this already....

Love you all
Bindi.

gurlzgroup [www.friendmails.net.tc]


Never, put your banana in the refrigerator! !!
This is interesting.

After reading this, you'll never look at a banana in the same way again.


Bananas contain three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substant
ial boost of energy.

Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world's leading athletes.


But energy isn't the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.



Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

PMS:
Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

Anemia:
High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.

Blood Pressure:
This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.


Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.

Constipation:
High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.

Hangovers:
One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

Heartburn:
Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.

Morning Sickness:
Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.

Mosquito bites:
Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

Nerves:
Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

35 comments:

Cece said...

Happy Valentine's day to you too. Forrest is feeling much better, but Nathan is still not quite himself. Thanks for the info about the banana. I guess I'll have to eat more bananans now. Eventhough, I hate them!

Have a wonderful weekend, and yes today was beautiful. We were able to play outside this evening too. I so enjoyed it.

kylie said...

hi bindi, glad to see you back :)

CIELO said...

Oh my sweet Bindi.... thank you for this delicious award...! I will talk about it on my blog very soon.... and what an informative post on the benefits of bananas! Wow.... in my country we fry the big bananas, called "platanos", and they're my favorite; they are sweet and so delicious...yum!

You have a lovely angel....she is as cute as a little fairy...

May God bless you and yours...

Cielo

krystyna said...

Hi Bindi!
Thank you for your sweet award.
I'm so happy, best gift for Valentins'd Day!
And thank you for this inform about bananas. I like bananas, really bananas are very beneficial.
Almost every day I eat 3-4 bananas.
Sometimes more. And they are not expensive.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and to your family!

Love and hugsss!

Kat said...

Yes, bananas are awesome! I think the new saying should actually be "a banana a day keeps the doctor away" not an apple. Makes more sense.
Congrats on your award, and thanks for sharing!
Happy Valentine's Day!

bindhiya said...

Dear Cecile,
Nice talking to you!
Hope Nathan feeling better in no time..
take care
love you
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Kylie,
Thanks for stopping by!
I miss you too...
love ya
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Cielo,

My friend Milly (she is from Dominican republic) have given me those "platanos" many times..yummy..
back in home we have different kind of bananas..we will get them from our backyard..never buy outside..
Thank you for accepting the award..
God bless you and family too..
love
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Krystyna,
Happy Valentine's day to you too..
Thanks for accepting the award..
You are right banana's are inexpensive....but look for fair trade too...'dole' is a reliable one as far my search shows...i have to learn more..
Prayers, love and hugs for kevin, you and family.
bindi

bindhiya said...

Kathryn,
Thanks for stopping by...
Happy Valentine's day to you and family too.
I like the new saying...
love
bindi

Gig said...

I hope you had a great Valentines's Day with Serene.
Thanks so much for the sweet award and the info on bananas. All my grandchildren love them.
Take care and
Hugs and love
Debbie

bindhiya said...

Dear Debbie,
Yes, we did had a great day...it was so good to walk and see outside..

Thank you for accepting the sweet award..
Take care
love and hugs
bindi

Kookaburra said...

G'day Bindi,
I hope that you and your family had a lovely St. Valentine's Day. The information on the bananas was most interesting. I didn't know about the heartburn and mosquito bite remedy. If you put banans in the refrigerator the skin turns black. Bannanas are grown here in Queensland and northern New South Wales.
Havagoodweekend :)

CSI Seattle said...

My first Blogger award! Thank you so very much for thinking of me. It is very nice to be included in such a wonderful post, and on Valentine's day no less.

And because of your banana information, I have taken one to work today. Usually at about 3:00pm each day, I need a little energy boost.

Take care,

Brian

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bindi,

I hope you had a good Valentine's day.

Thankyou so much for the award - like others, it's my first. You've made me smile - thankyou. :-)

May whoever is upstairs watching us rain down on you with love and devotion.

Peter xx

krystyna said...

Have a wonderful, sunny weekend time, Bindi!

Akelamalu said...

Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.

Thanks for all the information on bananas - I have one every day!

I see you picked up the award. :)

bindhiya said...

Dear Mark,
We had a great day!
Hope you had a beautiful day too..
love to you and family
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Brian,
Hope you had a beautiful day!
Yes, eat more fruits and like the Brian here look for fair trade bananas :)

love to you and family
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Peter,
Thank you so much!

I am so glad to know you got internet connection :)
in India my parents applied for a land line phone 2 year ago still we are on waiting list :)
love
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Krystyna,
Thank you for stopping by.
wish you a relaxing, peaceful weekend.
love and prayers for kevin, you and family
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Akelamalu,
Thank you the delicious treat.. i really enjoyed it... :)
love
bindi

Cece said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will talk to you again soon.
Love,
Cecile

bindhiya said...

Dear Cecile,
Wish you great weekend..
love
bindi

Barb said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for the info on bananas!

Resonator said...

happy to be back in ur blog

good useful information to us.

thanks for ur awards bindi.

enjoyin with serene?? feelin jealous i wish am 2 yr old baby!! :) :)

love u bindi


love
Prema

Suzanne said...

Well...all my friends are here and I'm barely here! Honey, I'm so sick! Help me.

First, loved all the banana facts. Ate a gazillion bananas a day until an allergy test indicated I was "highly" allergic about a decade ago. Have slowed down, but hope to speed back up soon. Rob has had a banana/strawberry/orange juice smoothie every day since our days at Berkeley back in the early 80's. He looks healthy and beautiful and the only thing that's killing him is me! Apparently.

Honey, Happy Valentine's Day. I'm sorry I'm late, but I was so sick yesterday, honestly, I didn't even realize it was Valentine's Day. It's been a hard week or so. I'm so worn out I didn't even realize it was February until Rob mentioned it today! Wow...almost half the year is gone! My how time flies.

I love you, you know. Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog and for your personal messages on my email. You make my day every day Bindi. I adore you. Be gentle and kind to yourself and know that life will be beautiful sooner than you think! I love you sweetie-pie.

Much love,
Suze xo

Gig said...

Just stopped by to say hi. Hopefully your weather is good and you and little one can go for your walk. Alway remember how special you are and how much we all love you.

hugs and love,
debbie

Anonymous said...

lovely reading this post!

bindhiya said...

Skittles,
Thanks for stopping by...
and thanks for inviting to head or tail.
love
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Prema,
Nice to see you back!
You are still that two year old, at least for your parents :)
I know cause my parents still think that way...it is not going to change.. :)
am so happy to hear you had a great time at the concert.
love and hugs
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Suzanne,
Nice to see you back but please take some more rest! we all miss you...even almost all of us was quite a bit...
"Health is wealth"...please see a doctor...i know i don't like to see a doctor or take any medicine other than ayurveda medicine...but when i get sick, i will think about my baby and my parents, i have to live for them...if am not here who is there for my baby and my parents..
love and ((hugs))
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Debbie,
Thanks for checking on us....it's raining now...when it stops am going take the stroller out..weather channel shows to be 39...hope we will get to walk soon...
Wish you great weekend.
love and ((hugs))
bindi

bindhiya said...

Kalyan,
Thanks for stopping by!
Your place is beautiful! I loved the shots! sure, I'll visit again.
take care and keep up the good work!
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Suzanne,
my mom was allergic too...she had so many tests and findings were just crazy...now mom is on my sisters medicine and she is no more allergic to anything!
Hope you are feeling better.
♥ ♥ ♥ and ((hugs))
bindi