consent

Thursday, February 28, 2008

BEST FRIEND!!!

Few Relations In Earth Never Die....
This is a tribute to my dear friend Milly!!!

We met the very first day I started working in NY. I have been away from home first time in my life...from a country side to a big city....What a cultural shock it was...still I cannot believe I made it...What a day it was.
Milly become my best friend...anytime I can count on my dear friend.. she will be there for me..
When we work together my co workers were so jealous. even they say we are mother and daughter. They even ask her "is it your daughter? She will say "yes, she is my daughter and what is your problem!" She made them more jealous by bringing lunch and breakfast for me from home. Some days her Pappa cook and send me special...Her Pappa speak Spanish only...so our conversation is very funny... I know a few words in Spanish and talk to her Pappa ..everyone hear our conversation will be laughing to death. :)
She have three kids and sponsoring one baby in Haiti...I admire her for making a commitment every month from her little paycheck. She inspire me by showing that baby's letter and photos..I sure will do the same once I started working!
She surprises me by reading my mind...
a month ago I was calling her to say I like to spent a week with her family...here goes our conversation..
"Hi Milly...
Bindi, anytime you welcome in my home.... I am dreaming you past few days...you want to spent a week with me!!"

I have so many incidents like this..
She is my angel...we don't need to call and talk...she knows what is in my mind...
Am thankful to God for sending this angel on my way!
Love you dear!

As we walk our path of life,
We meet people everyday.
Most are simply met by chance.
But, some are sent our way.

These become special friends
Whose bond we can't explain;
The ones who understand us
And share our joy and pain.

Their love contains no boundaries.
So, even we are apart.
Their presence enhances us
With a warmth felt in the heart.

This love becomes a passageway,
When even the miles disappear.
And so, these friends, God sends our way,
Remain forever near.

14 comments:

Resonator said...

hi sweetie;

how are u? hows ur new place??

wow !! u r so kind...Milly is lucky to have u and viceversa..beautiful friendship bet. u n milly

thanks for sharing sweetie..


i love u bindi

love
Prema

bindhiya said...

Dear Prema,
We are fine...not yet moved..will be soon. yesterday we saw a beautiful place..
I have a house in my name there and told my hubby let us live in India...he is scared :) funny no...I am not scared to live here..he is scared..

Milly! is a angel to me. am blessed to help her through hard times.. those are some good days.. after work we will walk around and shop...then get a big coffee and share ..i don't like coffee..but will drink for her..
She teach me some good words in Spanish.
I'll post a photo soon..
love and ((hugs))
bindi

Resonator said...

ah..it wd be good if u come here back to india..and i would possibly meet u too!!...

when ll u come here??


u share a beautiful,wonderful frdship with milly...


guess u know more than 2 languages besides engl,malayalam

love u sweetie


love
Prema

Cece said...

This is a wonderful post. I hope you get to spend time with Milly soon. I too have been blessed with a friendship like that. Her name is Cheryl. I am going to send the poem to her because the poem is beautiful. Do you know who wrote it? I love you and I hope we get to talk again soon.
Cecile

bindhiya said...

Dear Prema,
There is a photo now...I don't have so many photos of us...i send my photos to home cause I packed up to return and get married (arranged marriage)...but married to someone I love..with my parents permission.. :)
We will be there soon..
I have so many friends in TN..Did you know Rajsree Sugar Factory? The Vice President Mr. Thymanavar (and his family) is one of my best friend...he consider me as one of his daughter...I have organized medical camp and a eye camp for the factory..
so many friends...want to see them all..
love you dear
talk to you soon.
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Cecile,
Nice to hear you have a best friend too!
Saturday...what time you'll be around? I walk around 10.30..11.00 am if
the weather is good..If you can come to the dollar general store..that
will be great....we will figure
out..sure I want to see you..
Love and (((hugs)))
bindi

Poem...one of my friend, Sumi send me..

Akelamalu said...

It's marvelous that you have such a good friend. Friends like that don't appear very often - hang on to her. x

bindhiya said...

Hi Akelamalu,
I know am blessed to have a great friend like her...
we are planning on moving to another state and live closer... Hope this year that will happen..
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

Suzanne said...

Dear Bindi,

I wasn't crying until I read the next to last comment. You and Cecile will actually get to see one another. Oh my God, how wonderful. You both know we would all love to be with you. However, I couldn't meet at the Dollar Store because I went in once, and only once, the chemical smell from all the cheap plastic stuff almost killed me, so out I ran!!! You know me! Make sure someone has a camera and please post a photo. We need a photo of you all together, so just ask someone off the street to take it.

This post was a beauty Bindi. Milly is such a dear, dear friend and I'm so happy you have her in your life and visa versa. I love the verse and will gladly take it to share with fiends and relatives I adore as well. Thank you for posting it.

I hope hubby eventually sees the light and realizes that returning to India could be a whole new start. A good one. I'm crossing my fingers for you my dear. You would have such a beautiful support system again and you would truly be happy. Serene would finally have her fans all around her!!! I can not even imagine the love wee one would receive from all her loving relatives. She'd be in heaven! You know I'm not religious and don't pray, but I'll pray for this one.

Thank you for all your beautiful emails. I always miss the time I'm supposed to email back (because I'm usually asleep) and then don't know what to do! Help! I know the past week has been exhausting for you, but hang in there, everything will be okay. You'll see. You know we love you so much and you're always in our thoughts.

Well honey, I adore you and hope you and Cecile get to meet tomorrow as planned. I can only imagine how good that hug will feel. I love you both so very, very much.

Suze :)

kylie said...

bindi,
your post about milly was lovely.
thanks for visiting my blog every day it's so good to know you guys are all out there and interested
love
k

bindhiya said...

Dear Suze,
Yes, we did saw each other...it was so sweet to see a dear friend..i didn't got time to stay long...but it was wonderful...we will meet again..
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Kylie,
Nice to see you back..
Hope you having a wonderful weekend..
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

krystyna said...

Bindi, your writing is truly moving and inspired. What an amazing tribute to your dear friend! Good friend is not easy to find. You are happy.

My prayers go out to you and to your family!

bindhiya said...

Dear Krystyna,
Thanks!
Yes, I know am blessed to have a friend like Milly ..and sure am blessed to have all of you in my life...
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi