consent

Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15th


“ At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance..... We end today a period of ill fortune, and India discovers herself again."
Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru (first Prime Minister of India)
Today is Independence Day... I miss the celebrations...

This month is so hard to pass by..
My grandma is gone on August 3rd, My Uncle passed away on August 8th... and am away for another Independence Day, yes August 15th is India Independence Day..

8 comments:

Akelamalu said...

I'm sorry August has such sad memories for you re the loss of members of your family m'dear - it does for me too and July. xx

kylie said...

hi bindi
well, the good part is august is half finished and you know how time flies.....
it will be over before you know it.

take care sweetie
k

Stacey said...

I'm so sorry that August is a difficult month for you! I had a wonderful teacher who is from India. I remember how homesick she was for her family. She and her husband now run an orphanage in India.

March is the month that is hardest for me. I lost several family members that month; the hardest was losing my Dad. However, God also blessed me with my daughter in March. So, the first half of the month is sad but the second half is happy.

I'll pray that this month passes quickly and that September brings you much joy!

Stacey

bindhiya said...

Dear Akelamalu,
Sorry to hear that..
Thank you for your kind words.
am so down now a days. but today Cece visit me and it was wonderful to have her here..
love you dear
((hugs))
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Kyles,
Thank you dear.
Yes, it will be over soon ...
Now your profile picture is a shadow? or what is it?
have a good weekend.
Love & ((hugs))
bindi

bindhiya said...

Dear Stacey,
Nice to hear you have a Indian friend.
Thank you dear, thank you for your prayers. Sorry to hear you lost your Dad and so many family members in March...
happy and sad memories...is that what life is all about..
have a beautiful Sunday.
love & ((hugs))
bindi

Stacey said...

I absolutely do not mind if you add me to your blog roll. I'd like to add you to mine as well.

:-) Stacey

Anonymous said...

Condolences for you family...its all part of life...just be strong and carry on with life!